Solar Energy Projects on the RI Beaches
Finally seeing some additional green here…oh no, it is not seaweed and it is not hard cold cash (eventually it will turn into cash savings!). Green
solar energy is hitting the RI real estate beaches and other state facilities in 2012. The Department of Environmental Management in RI has been awarded $1.5 million in federal funds to put solar panels at 9 of their buildings throughout Rhode Island.
What a great way to have renewable energy projects front and center in public facilities throughout the state of RI.
The RI beaches that will benefit are as follows:
– Scarborough State Beach in Narragansett. Solar panels placed on the pavilion.
– Misquamicut State Beach in Westerly. Solar panels added on the beach pavilion.
– East Matunuck State Beach in South Kingstown. Since the whole beach area of pavilion is being rebuilt and will be ready for the season of 2012. And yes, a small wind turbine will be placed here for additional energy savings.
Now some of the projects will be non-beach facilities as well, as follows:
– Fisherman’s Memorial State Park in Narragansett…over half the annual electricity bill is expected to be saved. This park also had a wind turbine installed in October 2011. So between the solar panels and the wind turbine energy savings are significant.
– Lafayette Fish Hatchery in North Kingstown. Here fish are raised primarily trout to stock the waterways throughout the state.
– Dawley State Park in Exeter. Administrative buildings here will be retrofitted with solar panels.
– Prudence Island Research Reserve. Primarily for educational and research needs.
– Urban Edge Farm in Providence. A 1 acre farm run by the Southside Land Trust.
So commend the powers that be at RI DEM that put this together to show the Rhode Island public what solar energy and true green energy can do for our state…plus help trim the state budget. Solar Energy Projects on the RI Beaches.
Ginny Lacey Gorman is your go to North Kingstown Real Estate agent for homes in North Kingstown RI and beyond…knowing the geographic area, schools, happenings,important tidbits of information and businesses well.
As North Kingstown short sale agents, if you are having trouble paying your mortgage contact Ginny to help you through the short sale process successfully.
Waterfront, oceanfront, luxury and coastal RI real estate are her specialty but all of RI is her backyard. When you are in need of a good professional for your buying and selling needs and an internet savvy marketer who sells RI houses in this real estate market – call Ginny at 401.529.7849.