Jamestown RI Real Estate Year End Market Report
This Jamestown RI real estate market is feeling the steady run in December home sales in spite of the wintry weather. Yet an improved single family home sale market year over year 2013 over 2012 continues in Jamestown. In 2013, the home sales are up 11% and home prices up 6% here. The luxury home sale market has returned here too.
Knowing the waterfront and Jamestown RI coastal real estate area is part of the home discovery process. If you are buying or selling a home in waterfront Jamestown RI real estate, you want to understand the local real estate information. Why? Because knowing how home sales are doing gives you knowledge for any home decision you may make.
Here is the current real estate market data for Jamestown, RI provided by Ginny Lacey Gorman of RI waterfront real estate December 2013 is as follows:
- Properties active and on the market: 64
- Single-family properties sold: 6
- Average sales price: $ 458,000
- Median sales price: $424,000
- Sales price to list price ratio: 96%
- Average days on the market: 175
- Sales currently pending: 2
Knowing the Jamestown RI real estate market is essential if you are considering listing your home for sale or in the market to buy.
Jamestown’s home absorption rate is still attempting to get out of a Buyer’s real estate market with 10 months of home inventory. In addition, the luxury home resale market commands 14% of 2013 market in the $1 million plus range.
- Jamestown’s home inventory decreased negligibly over the prior month, days on market increased by 72% and list price to sold price increased to 96% from the prior month. The average Jamestown home sale price has increased 6% so far year to date in 2013 over 2012 and home sale numbers are up by 11%.
- Jamestown waterfront homes $1 million and over did not sell in December.
- Breakdown of the 6 Jamestown RI homes sold as follows: 1 home sold under $300,000, 1 home sold between $300,000-$400,000 and 4 homes sold over $400,000. In December, the over $400,000 home continues to generate the most buyers interest.
Jamestown RI Real Estate Year End Market Report December 2013
Jamestown is a waterfront Newport County community that enjoys private real estate on a Rhode Island hideaway island that is unique to this ocean state.
The town is known for its stunning coast line, its true island feel, one of a kind Beavertail State Park and coastal luxury living. It is a higher end community of island homes due to its geography between the towns of Newport and North Kingstown.
Are you considering buying or selling a Jamestown coastal home? Please reach out to me, Ginny Lacey Gorman, RI coastal real estate agent, at 401.529.7849 or email me at Ginny@RiHouseHunt.com for a home market analysis. I would love the opportunity to help you in your RI home search or home sale. Discussing your home needs is essential in this market and what I do for Jamestown RI clients. Let my successful online real estate sales exposure program work well for you! The Jamestown home market has rebounded in 2013 in home sales and prices.
View Jamestown RI 02835 in a larger map