Jamestown RI Real Estate Market Update
This Jamestown RI real estate market is showing the fall pullback in September home sales. Yet an improved home sale market over 2012 continues in Jamestown this year with sales up 43% and home prices up 25%. The luxury home sale market has returned here.
Knowing the waterfront and Jamestown RI coastal real estate area is part of the home discovery process. If you are buying or selling a home in waterfront Jamestown RI real estate, you want to understand the local real estate information. Why? because knowing how home sales are happening gives you knowledge for any home decision you may make.
Here is the current real estate market data for Jamestown, RI provided by Ginny Lacey Gorman of RI waterfront real estate September 2013 is as follows:
- Properties active and on the market: 74 (9 homes less than prior month)
- Single-family properties closed in September 2013: 7 (30% decrease less than prior month)
- Average sales price: $ 861,342
- Median sales price: $ 590,000
- Sales price to list price ratio: 92%
- Average days on the market: 83
- Sales currently pending: 3 (40% decrease over prior month)
Knowing the Jamestown RI real estate market through September 2013 is essential if you are considering listing your home for sale or in the market to buy.
Jamestown’s home absorption rate is still attempting to get out of a Buyer’s real estate market yet the luxury market has returned this year. The over $1 million market in home sales is up 166% over 2012.
- Jamestown’s home inventory decreased by 11% over the prior month, days on market decreased by 20% and list price to sold price increased by 95% from prior month. Home sales are up by 43 % over the prior year through September which is a great sign for the home sale market. The average Jamestown home sale price has increased by 25% so far year to date in 2013 over 2012. The increased volume in the over million dollar home sale market here increased the average sales price.
- Jamestown waterfront homes are continuing to sell also although none sold this past month. 47% of the Jamestown homes for sale are luxury homes and are for sale for $1 million and over.
- Breakdown of the 7 Jamestown RI homes sold in September is as follows: 2 homes sold between $300,000-$400,000, 4 homes sold over $400,000 and 1 home sold over $1 million. In September, there was quietness in the Jamestown RI coastal real estate market. The over $400,000 home generated the buyers interest. Pending home sales dropped again from the prior month.
Jamestown RI Real Estate Market September 2013
Jamestown is a waterfront Newport County community that enjoys private real estate on a Rhode Island hideaway island that is unique to this ocean state.
The town is known for its stunning coast line, its true island feel, one of a kind Beavertail State Park and coastal luxury living. It is a higher end community of island homes due to its geography.
Are you considering buying or selling a Jamestown coastal home? Please reach out to me, Ginny Lacey Gorman, RI coastal real estate agent, at 401.529.7849 or email me at Ginny@RiHouseHunt.com for a home market analysis. I would love the opportunity to help you in your RI home search or home sale. Discussing your home needs is essential in this market and what I do for Jamestown clients. Let my successful online real estate sales exposure program work well for you! The Jamestown home market is feeling the rebound so far this year.
View Jamestown RI 02835 in a larger map