Jamestown RI Real Estate Market Report | November 2013
This Jamestown RI real estate market is running a marathon November home sales as they are equal to October’s volume. Yet an improved single family home sale market year to date 2013 over 2012 continues in Jamestown this year with sales up 14% and home prices up 23%. The luxury home sale market has returned here and is up by 58%.
Beavertail State Park
Knowing the waterfront and Jamestown RI coastal real estate area is part of the home discovery process. If you are buying or selling a home in waterfront Jamestown RI real estate, you want to understand the local real estate information. Why? because knowing how home sales are doing gives you knowledge for any home decision you may make – whether you are a buyer or a seller.
Here is the current real estate market data for Jamestown, RI provided by Ginny Lacey Gorman of RI waterfront real estate November 2013 is as follows:
- Properties active and on the market: 66 (-8% less than prior month)
- Single-family properties closed: 7 (equal to the prior month)
- Average sales price: $ 639,000
- Median sales price: $575,000
- Sales price to list price ratio: 91% (compared to 95% prior month)
- Average days on the market: 103
- Sales currently pending: 6 (20% increase over prior month)
Knowing the Jamestown RI real estate market is essential if you are considering listing your home for sale or in the market to buy.
Jamestown’s home absorption rate is still attempting to get out of a Buyer’s real estate market with 9+ months of home inventory. In addition, the luxury home resale market has returned this year and is up by 58%.
- Jamestown’s home inventory decreased by 8% over the prior month, days on market decreased by 62% and list price to sold price decreasedto 91% from the prior month. The average Jamestown home sale price has increased 23% so far year to date in 2013 over 2012 and home sale numbers are up by 14%. The increased volume in the over million dollar home sale market here increased the average sales price.
- Jamestown waterfront homes are continuing to sell with 2 sold this past month over a million dollars.
- Breakdown of the 7 Jamestown RI homes sold as follows: 1 home sold under $300,000, 2 homes sold between $300,000-$400,000, 3 homes sold over $400,000 and 1 home sold over $1 million. In November, the over $400,000 home generated the most buyers interest.
Jamestown RI Real Estate Report November 2013
Jamestown is a waterfront Newport County community that enjoys private real estate on a Rhode Island hideaway island that is unique to this ocean state.
The town is known for its stunning coast line, its true island feel, one of a kind Beavertail State Park and coastal luxury living. It is a higher end community of island homes due to its geography between the towns of Newport and North Kingstown.
Are you considering buying or selling a Jamestown coastal home? Please reach out to me, Ginny Lacey Gorman, RI coastal real estate agent, at 401.529.7849 or email me at Ginny@RiHouseHunt.com for a home market analysis. I would love the opportunity to help you in your RI home search or home sale. Discussing your home needs is essential in this market and what I do for Jamestown RI clients. Let my successful online real estate sales exposure program work well for you! The Jamestown home market is feeling a rebound so far this year through November 2013 in home sales.
View Jamestown RI 02835 in a larger map