Jamestown RI Real Estate Report | October 2013
This Jamestown RI real estate market is maintaining the fall buzz in October home sales. Yet an improved single family home sale market here over 2012 continues in Jamestown this year. The luxury home sale market has returned here.
Knowing the waterfront and Jamestown RI coastal real estate area is part of the home discovery process. If you are buying or selling a home in waterfront Jamestown RI real estate, you want to understand the local real estate information. Why? because knowing how home sales are doing gives you knowledge for any home decision you may make – whether you are a buyer or a seller.
Here is the current real estate market data for Jamestown, RI provided by Ginny Lacey Gorman of RI waterfront real estate October 2013 is as follows:
- Properties active and on the market: 72 (2 homes less than prior month)
- Single-family properties closed in October 2013: 7 (equal to the prior month)
- Average sales price: $ 1,128,607
- Median sales price: $ 600,000
- Sales price to list price ratio: 95% (compared to 92% prior month)
- Average days on the market: 272
- Sales currently pending: 5 (67% increase over prior month)
Knowing the Jamestown RI real estate market through October 2013 is essential if you are considering listing your home for sale or in the market to buy.
Jamestown’s home absorption rate is still attempting to get out of a Buyer’s real estate market with 10 months of home inventory. Also, the luxury market has returned this year. The over $1 million market in home sales is up 400% over 2012 year to date through October.
- Jamestown’s home inventory decreased by 3% over the prior month, days on market increased by 227% and list price to sold price increased to 95% from the prior month. The average Jamestown home sale price has increased 14% so far year to date in 2013 over 2012 and home sale numbers are up 24%. The increased volume in the over million dollar home sale market here increased the average sales price.
- Jamestown waterfront homes are continuing to sell with 2 sold this past month over a million dollars. 46% of the Jamestown homes for sale are luxury homes and are for sale for $1 million and over.
- Breakdown of the 7 Jamestown RI homes sold as follows: 2 homes sold between $300,000-$400,000, 3 homes sold over $400,000 and 2 homes sold over $1 million. In October, the over $400,000 home generated the buyers interest. Pending home sales increased from the prior month by 67%.
Jamestown RI Real Estate Report October 2013
Jamestown is a waterfront Newport County community that enjoys private real estate on a Rhode Island hideaway island that is unique to this ocean state.
The town is known for its stunning coast line, its true island feel, one of a kind Beavertail State Park and coastal luxury living. It is a higher end community of island homes due to its geography between the towns of Newport and North Kingstown.
Are you considering buying or selling a Jamestown coastal home? Please reach out to me, Ginny Lacey Gorman, RI coastal real estate agent, at 401.529.7849 or email me at Ginny@RiHouseHunt.com for a home market analysis. I would love the opportunity to help you in your RI home search or home sale. Discussing your home needs is essential in this market and what I do for Jamestown RI clients. Let my successful online real estate sales exposure program work well for you! The Jamestown home market is feeling a superb rebound so far this year.
View Jamestown RI 02835 in a larger map