Charlestown Homes for Sale March 2018
The Charlestown RI home sale market in March 2018 is feeling a steady pace in real estate sales this month. As you look back at the home sales in Charlestown last year as compared to 2018, it shows a 8% increase in home sales year over year so far (comparing first quarter 2017 to same period in 2018).
Home buyers need to be ready, willing and able to buy on homes especially in all price ranges. Sellers do reach out to me now as I have buyers waiting for homes to buy in the under $400,000 price range. Spring is around the corner and the right priced home inventory is wanted by buyers. This Charlestown RI real estate market update is provided by Ginny Lacey Gorman of RI coastal real estate.
Furthermore, home buyers have indicated they want well priced homes that need little updating. There are five factors that will sell your home in the best manner so understand them. Ensuring that you price and stage your home properly is certainly key factors always.
Ensure you work with a real estate professional who knows the real estate area well that you are buying into. When you have the Atlantic Ocean at many oceanfront doorsteps, home prices can be in the higher range. The lack of homes for sale in Charlestown under $400,000 is here and this is the time to list and sell.
This is a mixture of a waterfront and rural community living depending upon your location desire for Charlestown RI homes. It is wonderful to be able to have that choice in this RI town.
As they say, oceanfront, waterfront and being near the beach are in demand. Consider buying now for yourself or for generations to come and buying as an extended family. It is a great way to spend family time together by the coast.
Home buyers are actively seeking good property values and lower priced affordable homes with the town’s lower real estate taxes. This makes Charlestown a highly desirable community to buy into.
What does this town offer home buyers? It is closer to Connecticut and New York to a wonderful ocean area retreat and offers oceanfront residences as well as country homes. It is the stunning coastline, quiet neighborhoods, beach side homes and serene landscapes that draw home buyers to this Charlestown location. Here is the Charlestown home sales update for the month, as follows:
- Properties active and on the market: 62 ( 2 less homes than prior month but 13 are in sales agreement)
- Single-family properties closed: 10 ( 1 home less than the prior month)
- Average sales price: $354,000
- Median sales price: $330,000
- Sales price to list price ratio: 97%
- Average days on the market until pending: 86
- Sales currently pending: 12 (14 homes in the prior month)
- Highest priced home sold this month was $ 615,000 in the South Shores neighborhood.
- The average above ground square foot cost is $289 for a sold home here this month.
The homes sold prices have dropped by 7% in 2018 (January-March) over 2017 (January-March) yet the number of sold homes are up 8% in the same time period.
The stunning Charlestown coastal luxury homes are a continual draw for home buyers. Whether it is condo living or a single family home you desire the right living choices may be here for you. And if not I am sure I can help you find what you need. Whether winter or summer this is a southern RI town that offers nature and water within a drive of any home.
Charlestown’s home absorption rate is a balanced real estate market at present.
- Home absorption is the amount of time it will take to sell all the homes currently on the market without any additional homes being added to the market.
- Breakdown of the 10 Charlestown RI home sales is as follows for the month: 4 homes sold under $300,000, 4 homes sold between $300,000-$400,000, 2 homes sold over $400,000 but less than a million dollars and 0 homes sold for over $1 million.
- So far in 2018 26 homes have sold at an average price of $ 527,000 and at $290 per square foot of living space (above ground).
From coastal Charlestown homes to the rural country homes. You are never far from the ocean and the Rhode Island beaches here. It is a great time to buy in the Quonnie neighborhood too if you are looking at beachfront homes for sale.
Here is a sampling of the most current Charlestown homes for sale under $500,000:
Charlestown most current homes for sale over $500,000 are here:
Whether you are buying or selling in the RI coastal real estate market, I would love the opportunity to earn your trust and business. As a southern RI real estate professional and specialist I have sold homes for many years in the Charlestown community which I know and love well. Washington county is my real estate stomping grounds for clients.
As always, call me, Ginny Lacey Gorman, at (401) 529-7849 or email me at ginny@RiHouseHunt.com so we may discuss your RI real estate options in selling or buying here.
March 2018 Charlestown RI Home Sales Market Report