What makes the Jamestown RI Real Estate Market July 2013 interesting?
This Jamestown RI real estate market July 2013 is like an island set adrift with home sales and yet we see an improved rebound over 2012.
Knowing the waterfront and Jamestown RI coastal real estate area is part of the home discovery process. If you are buying or selling a home in waterfront Jamestown RI real estate, you want to understand the local real estate information. Why? because knowing how home sales are happening gives you knowledge for any home decision you may make.
Here is the current real estate market data for Jamestown, RI provided by Ginny Lacey Gorman of RI waterfront real estate July 2013 is as follows:
- Properties active and on the market: 84 (1 home less than prior month)
- Single-family properties closed in July 2013: 4 (64% decrease over prior month)
- Average sales price: $ 628,125
- Median sales price: $ 618,125
- Sales price to list price ratio: 95% (1% less than June)
- Average days on the market: 172 (4 days more than prior month)
- Sales currently pending: 9 (same as prior month)
Jamestown’s home absorption rate is still attempting to get out of a Buyer’s real estate market.
- Jamestown’s home inventory decreased by 1 home over the prior month, days on market increased by 4 days and list price to sold price decreased by 1 %. Home sales are up by 34 % over the prior year through July which is a great sign for the home sale market. Home prices have increased by 40% so far in 2013 over 2012. Jamestown waterfront homes are continuing to sell also. 51% of the Jamestown homes for sale are luxury homes and are for sale for $1 million and over.
- Breakdown of the 4 Jamestown RI homes sold in July is as follows: 4 homes sold over $400,000. In July, there was decreased interest in the Jamestown RI coastal real estate market… it was flat. The over $400,000 home generated the buyers interest. Pending home sales remained the same as prior month.
Still July 2013 Jamestown’s real estate market had an decrease in sales over the prior year’s July’s sales and down by 1 home.
Jamestown is a waterfront Newport County community that enjoys private real estate on a Rhode Island location that is unique to this ocean state.
The town is known for its stunning coast line, its true island feel, one of a kind Beavertail State Park and coastal luxury living. It is a higher end community of island homes due to its geography. The Jamestown RI real estate market July 2013 report gives you the true picture of the landscape in Jamestown home sales.
Are you considering buying or selling a Jamestown coastal home? Please reach out to me, Ginny Lacey Gorman, RI coastal real estate agent, at 401.529.7849 or email me at Ginny@RiHouseHunt.com for a free market analysis. I would love the opportunity to help you in your RI home search or home sale. Discussing your home needs is essential in this market and what I do for Jamestown clients. Let my successful online real estate sales exposure program work well for you! Jamestown RI Real Estate Market July 2013.
View Jamestown RI 02835 in a larger map