Jamestown RI Real Estate | December 2012 and Year Recap
- Properties active and on the market: 58
- Single-family properties closed in December 2012: 7
- Average sales price: $ 1,402,928
- Median sales price: $ 380,000
- Sales price to list price ratio: 94%
- Average days on the market: 219
- Sales currently pending: 3
Jamestown’s home absorption rate: 8 months of home inventory. Based on this most recent home sales data, the Jamestown real estate market is a buyers market. However, many homes were taken off the market for the winter. I would say come spring Jamestown will be a more ‘balanced’ real estate market.
- Breakdown of the 7 Jamestown RI homes sold in December is as follows: 5 homes sold under $300,000, 1 home sold over $400,000 and 1 home sold for over $1 million. In December the under $300,000 home generated the most buying interest.
Jamestown RI Real Estate Home Sale Year Recap
Homes Sold Average Sales Price List Price/Sale Price Days on Market
2011: 57 $ 733,907 91% 196
2012: 72 $ 669,221 92% 197
Home prices have decreased for the 2012 year over 2011 by 9%. Jamestown RI real estate home sales are up by 26% over 2011.
Yes, these are accurate home sale volume and sale prices for single family homes. Buyers were out in buying mode to buy ocean front and luxury RI real estate at lower prices.
The Jamestown RI community is a waterfront Newport County community that is known for its coast line, Beavertail Park and good living.
If you would like to consider buying a coastal Jamestown RI home or interested in selling your home, contact Ginny Lacey Gorman, waterfront RI real estate agent, today at 401.529.7849 or email me at RiByTheBay@gmail.com.
Let’s discuss your home needs now. Let my online real estate sales exposure program work for you! Jamestown RI Real Estate | December 2012 and Year Recap.