Charlestown RI Real Estate Market | February 2013
Real estate update for the Charlestown, RI Real Estate Market provided by Ginny Lacey Gorman of waterfront RI real estate for February 2013, as follows:
- Properties active and on the market: 71
- Single-family properties closed in February: 7
- Average sales price: $ 680,520
- Median sales price: $ 320,000
- Sales price to list price ratio: 100%
- Average days on the market: 154
- Sales currently pending: 10
Charlestown’s home absorption rate is at a 10 month su
pply which remains a buyers market. Home inventory increased by 7 homes in February, pending sales have stayed the same as prior month and home sales inched up by 1.
- Home absorption is the amount of time it will take to sell all the homes currently on the market without any additional homes being added to the current real estate market.
- Breakdown of the 7 Charlestown RI home sales is as follows for the month: 3 homes sold under $300,000, 2 homes sold between $300,000-$400,000, 1 home sold over $400,000 and 1 home sold over $1 million. In February, the under $300,000 home generated the home buyers buying interest.
- Home sales increased in February (unlike other Southern RI real estate towns) by 17%. However, Charlestown properties have been good sellers in the past year and the luxury Charlestown homes over $1 million will continue to sell.
Buyers are out buying Charlestown RI real estate whether inland or coastal properties.
Remember Charlestown RI real estate home sales were up by 36% in 2012. However, home sales are down 46% over February 2012 compared to this month. Perhaps due to the Blizzard 2013 that put everyone out of commission here for a week or so. More homes are appearing on the market right now which is good for buyers.
There is no doubt that homes here are desirable to buyers in all price ranges. From coastal Charlestown homes to the rural country homes. You are never far from the ocean here.
Search for Charlestown RI homes for sale here.
Looking for a Charlestown RI waterfront real estate agent ? Ginny Lacey Gorman knows her waterfront waterfront real estate market.
I would love the opportunity to help you in your search or sale. Contact Ginny Lacey Gorman today at 401.529.7849 or email me at RiByTheBay@gmail.com. Let’s discuss your home needs and see how I may help you reach them. Charlestown RI Real Estate Market | February 2013.
View Charlestown RI 02813 in a larger map