Charlestown RI Real Estate | December 2012 and Year Recap
- Properties active and on the market: 70
- Single-family properties closed in December 2012: 14
- Average sales price: $751,350
- Median sales price: $ 407,700
- Sales price to list price ratio: 93%
- Average days on the market: 114
- Sales currently pending: 9
Central Beach in Quonochontaug | Charlestown RI 02813
Charlestown’s home absorption rate: 5 months of home inventory. Based on this most recent home sales data, the Charlestown real estate market is a balanced market for the second month in a row. However, some homes are withdrawn from the housing market for the winter and impact this figure.
Home absorption is the amount of time it will take to sell all the homes currently on the market without any additional homes being added to the current real estate market.
- Breakdown of the 14 Charlestown RI home sales is as follows for the month: 5 homes sold under $300,000, 2 homes sold between $300,000-$400,000 and 4 homes sold over $400,000 and 3 homes sold for over $1 million. In December, the under $400,000 home generated as much buying interest as the over $400,000 homes. Also, average home price increased significantly due to the over million dollar home sales.
- Home sales equal to the prior month.
Buyers are out buying the buys in real estate whether they are coastal properties
or inland. This town has low real estate taxes and the ocean is minutes away which is a draw for buyers.
Charlestown RI Real Estate Year Recap
Homes Sold Average Sales Price List Price/Sale Price Days on Market
2011: 108 $ 459,671 93% 114
2012: 147 $ 455,167 94%
Home prices have decreased for the 2012 year over 2011 by just 1%. Charlestown RI real estate home sales are up by 36% over 2011. There is no doubt that homes here are desirable to buyers in all price ranges but especially the coastal Charlestown homes. 11 waterfront homes were sold here for over $1 million in 2012.
You know, our RI real estate market has changed so much recently and the news media sure makes a lot of noise about it. It has created a lot of questions in the minds of many of my clients. I just want to find out if you have any questions I can answer during these changing times?
Looking for a waterfront RI real estate agent that not only knows her waterfront RI real estate market but markets her clients homes with maximum exposure on line with success. It is the SOLD sign at the right price which keeps my clients referring me out to friends and families.
I would love the opportunity to help you in your search or sale. Contact Ginny Lacey Gorman today at 401.529.7849 or email me at RiByTheBay@gmail.com. Let’s discuss your home needs now. Charlestown RI Real Estate | December 2012 and Year Recap.
View Charlestown RI 02813 in a larger map