Home Buyer Needs | Laundry List of Must Haves
Every home buyer is looking for that house that just ‘wows’ them. So setting expectations for yourself, the home buyer, and the real
estate agent who represents you is more than coming up with a laundry list of must haves in a home. From both the RI real estate agent and the home, a home buyer should expect certain needs being met. This RI real estate home is usually the largest purchase in your life so requiring certain demands being met is so important. Don’t be timid about it. Put it out there!
This laundry list of must haves should be met accordingly no matter how bad you want a home.
Be skillful and try not to let emotion take over. The list should be written down or on your Ipad. Keep track of decision points and as best as possible be objective about it. Sometimes the home buy is truly a matter of dollars and cents.
Things you expect and deserve from your new home and your real estate representative can be summed up, as follows:
From the RI real estate agent expect:
- Responsiveness – answers the phone, responds by text or email to you and follows up to questions with answers.
- Know how – extraordinary and diverse marketing, online presence a must, negotiates well and knows their towns well. Knows social media promotion well.
- Experience – years in the real estate field matter, business sense, specialty knowledge present and is full time on the job.
- Trusted source – recommended highly online through various reviews and through referrals you know.
- Web site – has one, has an IDX home search function in it, blogs regularly online with useful real estate information.
From the Home expect:
- Price range – with mortgage pre-approval in hand determine if you want that price point or lower.
- Affordability – will buying the home mean giving up vacations due to price point or is it your middle ground purchase?
- Location – smallest home in the neighborhood, good home value & school system and real estate taxes manageable.
- Home condition – no updating required, rehab needed (203K loan), some updating over time required.
- Final cost – after closing costs, emergency fund and appliances needed is the value of the home right for you.
These are key elements for a home buyer to consider and yes, this laundry list is far from complete.
Exercise good judgment and use a strong real estate agent that will guide you well. You do not want an agent who does not show up for the home inspection or at the closing table except to pick up their commission check.
Home Buyer Needs | Laundry List of Must Haves.