How Are South Kingstown Home Sales Going in January 2014?
As one of the premier Rhode Island southern communities for living and enjoyment, South Kingstown RI real estate market report data
for January 2014 is provided by Ginny Lacey Gorman of RI waterfront real estate:
- Properties currently active on the market: 190
- Single-family properties closed in January 2014: 20
- Average sales price: $ 402,000
- Median sales price: $ 363,000
- Sales price to list price ratio: 95%
- Average days on the market: 134
- Sales currently pending: 31
South Kingstown home absorption rate: 9+ months of home inventory and it is a buyers market. There still is a considerable amount of homes on the market here even though the home sales have been brisk in the past year.
Home absorption is the amount of time it will take to sell all the homes currently on the market without any additional homes being added to the home market.
- Breakdown of South Kingstown sold homes is as follows for the month of January: 6 homes sold under $300,000, 7 homes sold between $300,000-$400,000, 6 homes sold over $400,000 and 1 home over $1 million. The under $300,000 to over $400,000 home market showed buyers interest across the board.
The South Kingstown RI home real estate market has been a strong selling market all last year with number of home sales up 11% over 2012 for 2013! Home prices have increased year to date for 2013 over 2012 by +.003%. Although a negligible home sales price increase in 2013 it indicates a positive return for buyers going forward. South Kingstown has been a very strong town in the improving RI real estate market.
Year Homes Sold Average Sales Price List Price/Sale Price Days on Market
Due to the even spread of home sold prices in January over a wider price range the average sales price was up over January 2013 and home sales are up 125% over January 2013. A very strong start to 2014 in real estate here!
Take a look at the South Kingstown homes for sale right here and now. As current as you can get!
The South Kingstown community is a waterfront South County community that is fortunate to have the University of
Rhode Island campus in its borders, cultural music and theater, notable restaurants, Amtrak train station in Kingston and good schools. This is all a great draw when put together for the searching South Kingstown home buyer.
If you would like to buy a South Kingstown RI home or interested in selling, contact Ginny Lacey Gorman today at 401.529.7849 or email me at Ginny@RiHouseHunt.com.
I hope that this South Kingstown Year January 2014 home sales report gives you some guidance in the market for the coming year.