What is the Current Housing Update in South Kingstown RI
The South Kingstown real estate market August 2016 for single family homes stayed steady in home sales by equaling the homes sold this month over the prior month. South Kingstown home sales have had a good summer run for sellers.
This is a stable RI home sale market where the key to home sales is pricing well. The increase in home sales thus year shows that the market is in full swing with home inventory in need for buyers.
This month’s South Kingstown real estate report is provided by Ginny Lacey Gorman of coastal RI real estate.
The Current Housing update for South Kingstown RI for August 2016 follows:
- Properties currently active on the market: 191 ( 2% increase over prior month)
- Single-family properties closed in the month: 49 (same as prior month)
- Average sales price: $ 333,000
- Median sales price: $ 327,000
- Sales price to list price ratio: 96% ( 96% in the prior month)
- Average days on the market: 84 (104 days in the prior month)
- Sales currently pending: 30 ( 39% decrease over prior month)
- South Kingstown home absorption rate indicates it is a sellers market with current inventory. Home absorption is the amount of time it will take to sell all the homes currently on the market without adding to it. If sales continue this way a sellers real estate market here will be continue into fall.
- Breakdown of the 49 South Kingstown sold homes is as follows for the month: 23 homes sold under $300,000, 12 homes sold between $300,000-$400,000, 14 homes sold for more than $400,000 but less than a million and 0 home sold over $1 million. The strongest selling real estate market is the under $300,000 and the over $400,000 (and under $1 million) home sales in South Kingstown.
- The average square foot sales price of a home sold this year in South Kingstown is $ 214 per square foot of living space.
- The highest priced home sold this month in South Kingstown coastal RI real estate was $ 740,000 here.
South Kingstown Real Estate Market August 2016
274 homes were sold in South Kingstown this year through August 2016 with an average price sold of $351,000 as compared to 238 homes sold January-August 2015 with an average price of $352,000. A increase in home sales by 15% and a leveling of home sold values nearly equal to the prior year ($351,000 vs. $352,000).
If you are thinking of selling your home or condo there is no time to wait, please call me, Ginny Gorman, for your home market analysis and best marketing tips today at 401.529.7849. My neighborhood South Kingstown knowledge sells homes by attracting buyers with my online presence again and again.
South Kingstown Real Estate Market August 2016 update gives home buyers and sellers the information they need to make a qualified real estate decision. Having a good overview of the South Kingstown RI real estate home sales in the town you are interested in buying into is an important step in making that home offer.
Here are the most current and up to date South Kingstown homes for sale less than $600,000:
Finding the most knowledgeable information for this town when you are home buying or selling is essential. Talk with me about South Kingstown real estate and what you need to know in this market. I lived, work here and know the southern RI neighborhoods like the back of my hand. Why would you entrust your home to someone to sell who is not a South Kingstown specialist? Reach me at 401.529.7849 or at ginny@RIHouseHunt.com today.
South Kingstown Real Estate Market Update August 2016
I would love the opportunity to help you market and sell your home for the right price and earn your trust. I am a totally ‘hands on’ top selling South Kingstown RI coastal and luxury real estate agent leaving no home unknown for my southern RI buyers and sellers! Contact me, Ginny Lacey Gorman, today at 401.529.7849 or email me at ginny@RiHouseHunt.com.
Working with home sellers everyday to list, promote and market homes successfully for clients makes my day. I lived, work and play in South Kingstown and know this town like the back of my hand. Call on me to guide you well in your real estate search here or to refer you onto a trusted real estate professional in another state.