Charlestown RI Real Estate Market December 2014
Charlestown RI has been the most active southern RI real estate market this year. As you look at the number of homes sold in Charlestown in 2014, it shows an upwards home sale trend of 18% over 2013. Home sale prices in Charlestown are up by 8% for 2014 over 2013.
And home buyers here need to be ready, willing and able to buy on homes here especially in the under $300,000 range. What is needed now is available inventory in this price range. This Charlestown RI real estate market update is provided by Ginny Lacey Gorman of RI coastal real estate.
Furthermore, home buyers have indicated they want well priced homes that need little updating. There are five factors that will sell your home so understand what they are if you are a home seller.
Realizing that a good percentage of homes for sale here are luxury Charlestown homes which may skew sold home prices upwards. When you have the Atlantic Ocean at many doorsteps, home prices can be in the higher range. This month saw 1 home on the ocean or luxury homes close for over $1 million.
This is a true waterfront and rural community depending upon your location desire for a Charlestown home.
Home sales here for the month of December are down by 43% over the prior month and pending home sales are equal to the prior month. This indicates that active home buyers are still out there to find the right Charlestown home.
In fact, the over $1 million homes sold in 2014 were double the number sold in 2013. As they say, oceanfront and waterfront…well they are not making anymore of this property! Consider buying now for yourself or for generations to come.
Home buyers are actively seeking good property values and lower priced affordable homes under $300,000 with lower real estate taxes. Makes Charlestown a highly desirable community to buy into.
What does this town offer home buyers? It is closer to Connecticut, to a wonderful ocean area retreat and offers oceanfront residences as well as country homes for the home buyer. It is the stunning coastline, quiet neighborhoods, beach side homes and serene landscapes that draw home buyers to this Charlestown location. Here is the Charlestown December 2014 home sales update for the month, as follows:
- Properties active and on the market: 61 ( 32% less homes than prior month)
- Single-family properties closed: 13 ( 63% increase over prior month)
- Average sales price: $383,000
- Median sales price: $289,000
- Sales price to list price ratio: 97% (96% last month)
- Average days on the market: 125 (12% less than prior month)
- Sales currently pending: 12 (20% less than prior month)
Yearly Update of the Charlestown RI real estate market 2014 compared to 2013, as follows:
# of Home Sales Average Sale Price
2014 132 $445,000
2013 112 $412,000
So the home sales are up by 18% in 2014 over 2013, homes average sold price up by 8% which all bodes well for this real estate market in 2015. Interesting to note that luxury Charlestown real estate sales more than doubled in 2014 with 13 luxury homes sold over $1 million as compared to 2013 with 6 luxury home sales.
Charlestown RI Real Estate Market December 2014
Charlestown’s home absorption rate is now a Sellers market.
- Home absorption is the amount of time it will take to sell all the homes currently on the market without any additional homes being added to the current real estate market. Prior months had this home sale market as a buyers market. Home inventory decreased this month again, pending sales decreased and Charlestown RI home closings increased by 5 homes.
- Breakdown of the 13 Charlestown RI home sales is as follows for the month: 7 homes sold under $300,000, 2 homes sold between $300,000-$400,000 and 3 homes sold over $400,000 but less than a million dollars and 1 home sold for over $1 million.
From coastal Charlestown homes to the rural country homes. You are never far from the ocean and the Rhode Island beaches here. It is a great time to buy in the Quonnie neighborhood too if you are looking at true oceanfront, walk to water or an oceanfront Charlestown homes for sale find.
Past Charlestown RI Market Reports you may be interested in are highlighted below:
Looking for a Charlestown RI luxury real estate agent ? Ginny Lacey Gorman knows her local RI coastal real estate market. Knowing current FEMA flood map changes, building construction needs in coastal areas and staying abreast of RI septic changes is a part of my real estate skills set. Whether you are interested in Charlestown coastal property or country living, Ginny will guide you well in selling or buying a home.
May this Charlestown RI home sales report update for December 2014 and for all of 2014 will guide you in making better real estate decisions. Charlestown RI Real Estate Market December 2014.