Summer Heat – Rhode Island Real Estate – 14 Hot Tips
Our energy provider National Grid in RI always offers great tips and good service when the heat and humidity is coming off the ocean
or Narragansett Bay. I am recapping some of their hot tips for a greener summer.
Learn to listen to your body’s needs in this warm weather, use energy conservatively and be energy efficient in your use in your home and office, as follows:
1. Take a cool shower
2. Wear lighter clothing
3. Open windows to let the breeze flow in
4. Drink a cool non-alcoholic beverage
5. Limit your exercise regimen
6. Let the cool night air in
7. Close windows and shades during the day
8. Use fans to keep the air flowing
9. Enjoy cold meals
10. Avoid adding heat from the stove/oven to any room
11. Install a low flow showerhead
12. Wash your clothes in cold water
13. Use a clothes line to dry your clothing
14. Lower the temperature on your hot water heater
So is your body and mind listening to these 14 hot tips for the summer season? I know you can think of many more to add to this list and share with all here…my favorite has to be using the clothes line which brings back memories of being with my grandmother as she did the laundry.
Think Green, act smart and be kind to yourself and the environment this year. Make a plan and stick to it. Summer Heat – Rhode Island Real Estate – 14 Hot Tips.
Ginny Lacey Gorman is your go to North Kingstown Real Estate agent for real estate in North Kingstown RI and beyond…knowing the geographic area, schools, happenings, important tidbits of information and businesses well.