South Kingstown RI Home Sales | January 2013
South Kingstown RI Home Sales | January 2013. It is the beginning of a new year for South Kingstown real estate market data. The following information is provided by Ginny Lacey Gorman of waterfront RI real estate :
- Properties currently active on the market: 187
- Single-family properties closed in January: 8
- Average home sales price: $ 307,171
- Median home sales price: $ 306,500
- Home Sales price to list price ratio: 96%
- Average days a home is on the market: 105
- Median days a home is on the market: 93
- Home Sales currently pending: 32
South Kingstown RI home sales absorption rate increased dramatically in January. This is due to a true market blip and a major decrease
in home sales this month. Very unusual for this real estate market which has been one of the strongest markets in southern RI real estate over the past year.
- The number of days on the real estate market prior to going into pending dropped. What does this mean for home sellers? Sellers were more willing to negotiate and price their homes to the current real estate market to sell them.
A breakdown of South Kingstown RI home sales for January is as follows for the month: 4 homes sold under $300,000, 3 homes sold between $300,000-$400,000 and 1 home sold over $400,000. The under $300,000 market is continuing to be the strongest market in South Kingstown home sales.
Active homes on the market decreased by 2% over the prior month, pending sales were up by 10% but home sales took a nose dive (a bloody one at that!) by 67% (still thinking this was unusual).
The South Kingstown community is a waterfront South County community that is fortunate to have the University of Rhode Island campus
in its borders, cultural music and theater, notable restaurants and good schools. This is all a great draw when put together for the South Kingstown home buyer. Being a coastal RI town offers great beaches to all its residents whether private beach, town or state beaches.
If you would like to buy a South Kingstown RI home or interested in selling, contact Ginny Lacey Gorman today at 401.529.7849 or email me atRiByTheBay@gmail.com.
South Kingstown RI Home Sales | January 2013.