Here’s how you can leverage the floors to make your home in North Kingstown look larger
1. Use the same type of flooring material and same color across rooms. Whenever possible, continue that same surface across rooms. Here in North Kingstown RI, hardwood flooring is the preferred flooring, and this is one of the many reasons we are seeing the trend to add hardwood to the kitchen – by continuing the same surface, even in the kitchen, you connect the space and it just looks larger.
2. Use lighter colors. Lighter makes the space look larger. Same holds true for walls.
3. Use wider planks. Wider makes the space look larger. Same goes for tile flooring – larger tiles make the space look larger. (By the way, parquet flooring makes the space look smaller, so stay away from this and stay away from small tiles)
4. Lay your floor on a diagonal. Regardless of whether you have tile or hardwood, this will make your space look larger as it carries your eye along the longest length of the room (remember trigonometry? The hypotenuse is the longest side of the triangle). It will also make your space look more visually intriguing. Note: if your room or space is very rectangular, sometimes a straight lay across the longest length is a better option, but usually diagonal is a much better choice.
5. Declutter. The more you can see the floor and walls and space, the cleaner, neater and larger you space will look. Consider throwing away some of the knickknacks and maybe even getting rid of a piece or two of furniture. It on’t cost you anything. Maybe give to your kids if they are in college or donate or sell on ebay. Also, trading to a flat screen TV that can be placed on the wall can also clear up a lot of floor space.
Leveraging your floors to make your North Kingstown RI real estate 02852 home look larger.
This is written by Debbie Gartner a.k.a The Flooring Girl 914-937-2950. Debbie is one of my guest bloggers and lives and works in New York and Connecticut. She knows flooring!
Making your North Kingstown home look larger – How your flooring can help
Ginny Lacey Gorman is your go to North Kingstown Real Estate agent for real estate in North Kingstown RI and beyond…knowing the geographic area, schools, happenings, important tidbits of information and businesses well.
As a North Kingstown short sale agent, if you are having trouble paying your mortgage contact Ginny to help you through the short sale process successfully.
Waterfront, oceanfront, luxury and coastal RI real estate are my specialty but all of RI is my backyard. When you are in need of a good professional for your buying and selling needs and an internet savvy agent and marketer who sells RI houses in this real estate market – call Ginny at 401.529.7849.