Tips for Preparing Your Home for Sale.
Tips for Preparing Your Home for Sale. Preparing your Rhode Island real estate home for sale is detailed below.
Ensuring that ‘first impressions’ for your home viewing by buyers gets the attention your RI home deserves.
- Tidy up the outside grounds, porches and garage. Keep the lawn trimmed and edged. Make sure that your yard is clean of clutter and debris is taken to the dump
- Your front door adds to that first impression – be sure it is scrubbed or repainted if necessary.
- In fact, repainting the door is worth the effort as well as replacing hardware and outside light fixtures. It is the first point of presentation in your home so give the right impression. Clean that path to the front door and make sure it is walkable.
- Wash windows and clean/dust window drapes and blinds.
- If any decorating or painting is needed (especially in the kitchen). Do it now! Forty dollars worth of paint goes a long way towards the sales price. It freshens up a room and it is best to use neutral or mellow colors.
- Bathrooms help sell homes. Make this room sparkle with a new vanity, sink and light fixture for the best fixes.
- Illumination is like a welcome sign. Replace bulbs with high voltage bulbs and turn on the lights.
- Wash dishes, make beds, put away clothes and straighten up. Hide whatever you have lying around in Tupperware storage bins set aside just ‘for showing’ purposes.
- Keep pets out of the way during showings (crated or out of the home)- many people are allergic or afraid of animals. Also, keep Febreeze handy so any smells can be dissolved away.
- Leave the showing to the Realtor and make sure you leave the home at showing time. The Realtor knows the buyer’s requirements and can best emphasize the features of your home. A buyer feels most comfortable when they are without a seller present.
- Do not discuss anything about the house sale with a potential customer. Let your agent discuss price, terms, possession and other items concerning the sale with the buyer’s agent. Your agent is qualified to bring negotiations to a favorable conclusion.
- Pack away your valuables, store extra furniture in the garage or a POD, de-clutter and put knick- knacks away, as well as all medicines.
Pretend you are seeing your home for the first time through a buyer’s eyes and be somewhat critical. Call me for recommendations on how to stage your property for presentation to prospective buyers. That is part of my real estate expertise.
It is what helps sell homes! Call me for additional staging tips and if you are considering selling your home, talk with me Ginny Lacey Gorman today! Tips for Preparing Your Home for Sale.
Ginny Lacey Gorman 401.529.7849
North Kingstown Real Estate Agent serving ALL of Southern RI
Waterfront, coastal and beach properties my specialty
Selling waterfront, ocean front, water view and luxury homes in North Kingstown, South Kingstown, Narragansett, Jamestown, Charlestown, East Greenwich and throughout waterfront RI real estate.