Home Inspections With a Time Limit | Heed with Speed
All home inspections must be done within 10 business days of the last date of signing of the purchase and sales agreement.
- pest (termites, carpenter ants especially),
- cesspool/septic/sewer, radon – in air and in water,
- well water testing,
- lead paint,
- hazardous substances,
- wetlands and
- flood plain.
All of these inspections may not be done by the home inspector, especially radon and well testing (what substances are you testing for determines the time frames needed).
- buyer does not like the results from the home inspection, for any reason
- buyer and seller have not reached agreement on repair items to the buyer’s satisfaction
- seller has not met the inspection contingency deadline by responding to the buyer’s repair requests. Buyer must deliver a written notice of termination to seller (or listing agent) by the inspection deadline (or extension time frame agreed on). If this is not done the buyer forfeits his deposit and the inspection contingency is considered waived.